Robert Hudson, Clinical Director and Founder of The Hudson Centre
A UKCP registered psychotherapist, Robert specialises in Sex Addiction therapy and recovery. A certified Sex Addiction & Trauma Specialist and CSAT-S Supervisor, he is a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and an accredited member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT) as well as a Member of the International Institute for Sexual Medicine (ISSM).
Robert’s professional experience includes working with men and women in private practice. He works with individuals, couples (both same sex and heterosexual couples) and groups. Robert is an integrative psychotherapist who draws on humanistic, psychoanalytic/psychodynamic and cognitive behavioural models. He respects his client’s best interests when providing therapy and undertakes to respect his client’s autonomy. Robert actively considers issues of diversity, sexuality and equality as these affect all aspects of his work.
As a psychotherapist and counsellor Robert has experience of working with abuse and trauma, children and families, child sexual abuse and, in his social work, has worked with adults in community mental health.Since then, Robert has developed a speciality in the field of sexual addiction and has, for the last eight years, successfully run a number of sexual addiction treatment groups.
- BSc Degree & Dip S.W., University of North London.
- MSc in Social Policy and Management, Guildhall University.
- MA & Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Minster Centre and the Middlesex University.
- Accredited for Practice by the United Kingdom for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP.
- An accredited member College of Sex and Relationship Therapy COSRT.
- London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Counselling Accredited by the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy.
- Certified Sex Addiction and Trauma Specialist CSAT-S trained practitioner affiliated with IITAP
- Certified Sex Addiction Supervision
Specialism and Interests:
- Sexual Addiction Treatment Programme
- Trauma Treatment
- Relationship between fathers and sons
- Identity confusion and change
- Self-esteem and shame
- Diversity and differences
- Intercultural issues
- Relationship therapy
- Sex therapy and psychosexual difficulties
- Love Avoidance and Love Addiction
- Anxiety /Depression
- Addictions – drugs & alcohol
- Male survivors of sexual abuse and sexual trauma